Diversity Mark hosted second in the series of Industry Events ‘In conversation with FinTrU’.
Nuala Murphy Interim Head of Business and Emma Lyttle Engagement Manager at Diversity Mark was joined by Sinead Carville, Chief Human Resource Officer at FinTrU, Bridgeen Mullen, HR Business Partner at FinTrU and Chloe McAlary, Chair of FinTrU’s Women in Finance Network.
Sinead kicked off the session by showcasing FinTrU‘s Diversity and Inclusion journey to date. FinTrU joined Diversity Mark in October 2018, were awarded Bronze in March 2019 and achieved the Silver Diversity Mark in June 2021. Some of their achievements to date include:
- Greater gender parity at entry level
- TrU Women Mentoring Programme
- Introducing new corporate level of Senior Vice President
- Increased scrutiny and a deep and robust review of performance and progression
- Established BAME community
- Introduced TrU Voice
Nuala Murphy then hosted a detailed Q&A diving into the above wide range of areas that FinTrU are excelling in as industry leaders.
Below are some key takeaways from the session that other signatories will find beneficial on their journeys.
- Pay it forward, FinTrU attended a Diversity Mark /Allstate Event previously and gained valuable lessons from what they were doing.
- Importance of starting at the start even for high achieving organisations and leaders.
- Everyone is on their own journey, step back and do what you can with what you have. Small steps will build the momentum.
- Understanding when is the right time, placing D&I on the boardroom table conversations and understanding what is important for key stakeholders.
- Have all employees voices represented, some great things can come from it.
- Huge benefits came from Diversity Mark Buddy System
- Entrepreneurial in their Data capture system and design.
Thank you to everyone that attended the session. Keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming announcement of our next event.