The Diversity Mark accreditation process is much more than a tick-box exercise. We provide you with a framework which enables you to reflect on any institutional barriers to unrepresented genders and groups, and then take action. The DMNI independent assessment panel will provide you with expert independent feedback every year whilst you are on your Diversity journey with us.
Benefits to Employers
- You can make a difference in every community in which you operate by making a difference in the lives of your employees
- Widespread adoption of the Charter Mark will make a genuine difference to diversity & workplace culture help make the most of Northern Ireland’s talented workforce in a global competitive economy
Retain & Attract Talent
- Recruiting from a diverse pool of candidate increases your chances of finding the best person for the job
- According to Glassdoor two thirds of job hunters indicated that diversity was important to them when evaluating companies and job offers
- Employees in diverse and inclusive workplaces feel accepted and valued, they are happier and will stay longer with your company
- When employees feel safe to be who they are, their differences can give you a strategic advantage leading to increased profits and improved brand reputation
- Companies in the top quartile for Gender Diversity on executive teams were 25% more likely to have above-average profitability*
- Top quartile for of Ethnic and Cultural Diversity on executive teams were 36% more likely to have above-average profitability*
- 10% in the share of female Key Management Personnel lead to a 5.8% increase in the chance of outperforming the sector**
Reduced Employee Turnover
- Employees that feel valued and respected within an inclusive work environment are much less likely to leave
- Diversity has been shown to improve retention and reduce the costs associated with employee turnover
Improved Employer & Brand Reputation
- Fair treatment is important to employees and improves your public image
- Diversity gives you the chance to successfully develop your business in a global market
Higher Employee Engagement
- There will be more opportunities for employee growth and development assisting with succession planning
- An inclusive and culturally diverse business will attract talented, ambitious, and globally minded professionals who will appreciate the opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Diversity widens viewpoints, creating richer solutions and maximising productivity, innovation, and creativity
- When employees feel included, innovation increases by 83%***
- The range of experience, expertise, and working methods that a diverse workplace offers can boost problem-solving capacity and lead to greater productivity
Benefits to Employees
Diversity and Inclusion increases trust between the employer and employee. People will perform better because they will feel comfortable to bring their authentic selves to an inclusive work environment.
Employees will be much more engaged because there will be more opportunities for personal and professional development. Employee satisfaction will increase because they be in a much more positive and healthy work environment and feel more empowered and supported to use their voice.
Employees will believe that their mental health and wellbeing is a priority. They will notice positive changes throughout the Diversity journey which will impact positively on the lives of all employees creating a much more equitable and fair landscape for the next generation.
*McKinsey and Company’s researchers delved into the leadership composition of over 1,000 companies in 15 countries, and compared the make-up against their financial performance
** Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) is an Australian Government statutory agency. 11,000 companies took part in this study which is based on six years of Australian gender reporting to the federal Workplace Gender Equality Agency
***Research from Deloitte’s Diversity, Inclusion and Business Performance survey