Diversity Mark Awards
The Diversity Charter Mark framework enables organisations to identify and reflect on institutional barriers facing minorities & underrepresented genders that impact on their career progression. In addressing these barriers organisations will progress the overall diversity agenda and create positive working environments for all employees in the organisation.
Charter Mark organisations acknowledge that advancing diversity demands commitment and action at all levels of the organisation and in particular, active leadership from the CEO and those in senior roles.
Diversity Mark Awards
Organisations that sign up to the Charter commit to advancing diversity & inclusion by:-
- Diversity Mark applications and annual reports to be signed off by the CEO or Chair
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion will be a standing agenda item for each board meeting
- Internal targets to be set & measured on a regular basis
- Accountability for Diversity & Inclusion at all management levels
- All targets to be reviewed annually by the Independent Assessment Panel
- Anyone can apply for the Bronze Award
- The Bronze Award recognises commitment to Gender Diversity
- Members submit Gender Diversity Targets
New members submit 3 targets to progress Gender Diversity within their organisation. The first target should be to implement a Diversity Strategy (if not already in place). We recommend carrying out analysis of internal data such as the gender diversity at all levels/roles within the organisation, exit interviews, staff surveys and recruitment data to determine the next most effective target areas.
- Members can apply for the Silver award after maintaining the Bronze Award for at least 2 years
- + Significant measurable progress on Gender Diversity
- + 2 new wider diversity Targets
At silver level we would expect to see evidence of significant progress against the Bronze targets along with analysis work carried out, with creative targets to push the dial even further. Members can choose the two areas of wider Diversity to focus on at this stage – LGBT / Disabilities / BAME Diversity / Age Diversity / Other
- Has held the Silver Award for at least 1 year
- + Significant measurable progress on all Diversity targets
- + 2 new wider Diversity Targets
- + Internal Audit
- + Board Level Interviews
Continued significant progress against all targets. Gold Award organisations will be a ‘Shining Example’ for Diversity & Inclusion in their sector and wider community, with creative wider Diversity creative targets to keep pushing the dial even further with long term plans, complex challenges, and sustainability.